Thanks to David Newell for the following email announcement about the March birdwalk in Uplands Park, and, for mentioning other Friends of Uplands Park events scheduled for April, May and June, 2015:
On Saturday, March. 28, Geoffrey will be leading his Friends of Uplands Park Bird Walk. Please meet at 9:00 a.m. in the large parking lot out at the end of Cattle Point. Uplands Park is at the north end
of Willlows Beach in Oak Bay. After observing sea and shore birds, we will head inland into the park to observe the many wintering birds in this fabulous Garry Oak Meadow Community.
Did you know that 22 species of endangered species of plants are to be found in this park? Many thanks go to the numerous people who, over the years, have put in so many good efforts to remove the invasive species that compete with them.
Upcoming Friends of Uplands Park events include:
- Sunday, April 12: 1-4 p.m. Invasive Ivy Removal
- Sunday, April 26: 1-3 p.m. Royal B.C, Museum Botanical Walk
- Saturday May 2: 7 p.m. Embrace the Night and Wildflowers
- Sunday May 3: 1-4 p.m. Camas Day in Uplands Park
- Sunday June 14: 9 a.m. Beach Seine at Uplands Beach
Hummingbird photo by Wayne Matthews during the February 2015 Bird Walk in Uplands Park.